Thursday, April 5, 2012

Journal 58: Luck?

What is luck? Luck is the possibility that a thing could happen or not. In real life, luck is very important. For example, if we are lucky all the time, we can get high scores in tests, score in basketball when we shoot, win a lottery, and everything will go as we wish they will. In the book Hatchet, Brian says that he was lucky because he survived in the wild. I agree. This is because he needs to be lucky to stay alive in the plane crash and in the moose attack. He also needs to be lucky to make a fire out of his hatchet and get saved by the plane passing by. All of this requires luck, so I think Brian is very lucky to be able to survive and go through all this. When the moose attacked, he needs luck to run away and survive. When Brian was starving, he needs luck to find food that are not poisonous or so. This is why I think Brian is very lucky. I hope I am as lucky as Brian too if I was trapped in the wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment