Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Journal Entry 14: Why Risk Your Life?

Why do people risk their lives for others? I think it is because they want to protect the others. For example, Harriet Tubman led black slaves to freedom. Although she is already a free woman, she came back to the U.S and brought the slaves away from the cruel law. She risked her own life for the others. This is called sacrificing. This reminded me of a "sacrifice" I made last year. Last year, I got a powerful disease called H1N1. I went to the hospital and because the season was changing, a lot of people were sick, so the waiting area was crowded. While I was waiting for the doctor, I saw an old man. I knew he was sick too and he needs the chair more than I do, but I could hardly even stand up. At last, I decided to go stand and I gave the chair to the old man. I believe when the others need more help then we need, we should help them no matter what person they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment