Thursday, November 3, 2011

Journal Entry 17: My Hero?

What are heroes? Most people believe heroes are people who are famous or unique. For example, George Washington is a hero that led the U.S free. Another example of a hero would be Harriet Tubman who risked her own life to free the black slaves. I agree, but do heroes need to be well-known and special? I think heroes are people who spend their time and sacrifice themselves to help other people who need help. They don’t necessarily have to be famous. A non-famous daily life hero for me could be the driver of the shuttle bus to the High Speed Rail Station. They are heroes for me because they have to work very hard to drive me to the High Speed Rail every day. Another kind of daily life hero is the teachers who teach us daily and spend their own time and teach us knowledge. I think people who are considered heroes should have great responsibilities and always help the others when they need help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment