Sunday, May 13, 2012

Journal 61: Film v Book

Have you ever seen a movie that is different from the original book it's from? In fact a lot of movies are only what the director imagines in from reading the text in the book. Maybe your own imagination from the book is very different from what is performed by the actors. I believe that both the book and the film of the movie can be right. For example, the book Star Wars is based on the movie, so the picture the book wants to create in your mind is the picture that is already created  in the movie. In the book Hatchet, I can picture Brian living in the woods by himself and other pictures that Gary Paulsen created in my mind. In the movie, it showed pictures and scenes that are very different than what I have imagined. For example, I never imagined that there was a bear who attacked Brian. I never imagined that the door he built for his shelter was that big, and so on. I think the movie is not wrong because after watching the movie and re-reading the book, my brain creates the picture that I have seen in the movie. This is why I think the movie and the book are both right.

No comments:

Post a Comment