Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Journal 73: OOPS!

A lot of people say that your first impression of something is right. I believe that this is sometimes true, but not always. People have their first impression of something when they see anything. Their first impression is the thought that first comes to your mind when you see someone, some place, or something. For example, when you see an elephant, your first impression of them might be, "Wow, what a big animal." These kinds of impression is sometimes true, because what a thing does can change it's appearance. I once had a classmate who was very tall. Everybody thought he would be good at sports, but actually he was not. Another classmate was skinny and everybody thought he couldn't each much, but actually he could eat more than I could. Another time  I saw a person who had a bad looking face and a messed up suit. I thought he was a poor dude on the street, but he turned out to be one of the teachers in my school. These were all first impressions about someone, but at last, when I get to know them, they proved it wrong. This is why I think first impressions aren't necessarily right all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment