Sunday, May 13, 2012

Journal 67: Betrayal

In the poem "In Response to Executive Order 9066", the writer shows that she is betrayed because of her best friend. Because the poet looked Japanese, she was sent into a camp. The camp was for Japanese Americans because America was having a war with Japan. The U.S government was afraid that these Japanese Americans will give secrets about the American government to Japan. This is very unfair for those people. This is because although the poet was born in America, grew up in America, only spoke English, ate only English food, only had friends who are Americans, she is still considered a Japanese. Her friends knew that she was a Japanese and lost trust in her, but she didn't do anything wrong. I had been betrayed before too. I remember when I was in elementary school, my best friend told one of my classmates who he likes. Because my classmate liked the same person, he told the class just to make my best friend embarrassed. I think this is very unfair too, because my classmate betrayed my best friend. After my classmates found out why my classmate told everyone, no one liked him or old him any secret again.

2 comments:

  1. :( That is so unfair eh... I do not think Japanese Americans will give secrets about the American government to Japan because they live in America for a long time so maybe they trust American more now.
    And good job on this one~!

    ReplyDelete